Wednesday, May 31

Train Up- Part 1: The Question

I am normally not one to complain, and hopefully you will find I have avoided doing so (all be it skillfully), though I come perilously close throughout the duration of this writing. My criticisms and questions will predominantly pertain to the training of National Guard troops for deployment.
Why is it each time we deploy there is a train up equal to one-half times the deployments length? Three months I trained before a six month deployment to Bosnia, and six months before one year in Iraq. Neither time offered the facilities, aids, instructors, or even material to justify their time frame.
Let alone someone question their length as to the extent of undue stress on the family environment; I will, near the end of this deployment, have been deployed for half the age of my youngest daughter- since she was born.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Zeke said...

I concure; why is it that we must always have this extra time tacked on. If we had every aid and prop we could ask for, all our training should take no longer than 2 months. That is to include all the tables for crews.

The only real training that I think was justified was Louisiana, and that was even questionable. Our new soldiers learned bad habbits and the wrong way of doing things. Our Sr soldiers had to check the box, role their eyes and move on.

This extra 6 months of training only added time to our already too long deployment. If it wasn't for this wasted time and resource called "training" we would be home in less than 4 months. As it stands we have another 10 or so to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home